When you’re eligible, and if you are able to, you can protect yourself and help protect those around you by getting vaccinated. Here you can find information about Australia’s vaccination program and eligibility.
- Wash your hands every time you go to the bathroom, prepare or eat food, sneeze or cough or return from being out in a public place
- Clean and disinfect surfaces regularly
- If you need to cough or sneeze, do it into a tissue or your elbow.
Here is a video from the Australian Government about good hygiene.
Here is an easy read booklet about how to wash your hands.
- Stay 1.5 metres away from other people where possible
- If you feel unwell, let us know and follow the advice to self-isolate.
Here is a video from the Australian Government about social distancing.
What is COVID-19?
If you are feeling unsure about what COVID-19 is, here is an Easy English booklet by CID.
COVID-19 has changed much about the way we live and many critical services have been affected. If you’re an NDIS participant, you might be able to access your funding for some COVID-19 related expenses.
- If you rely on technology, you may be able to use your funding to pay for low-cost assistive technology.
- If you live in a location where a state health order requires you to wear PPE, like face masks, you may be able to claim for PPE.
See the NDIS website for more information and categories you might be able to claim for.