Coronavirus: April CEO Message
As you will be all too aware, the coronavirus has changed much about the way we live.
It’s now almost Easter, a time of year that many of us would be heading away camping to take advantage of the dwindling warmer days—now pitching a tent in the backyard seems like the best option.
At Possability, we have had to make a number of changes to the way we provide services, some to meet the advice of State health authorities and others because the coronavirus has had such a big impact on our economy. In this video I wanted to explain these changes to you, and to let you know that we are still here providing an essential service to thousands of Australians.
- Our national and state-based teams continue to manage our COVID-19 response and keep services running
- We have kept a focus on stringent hygiene and cleaning/disinfecting practices
- We are practicing social distancing where possible, with some staff able to work from home
- Our community activities have adapted and are now one-on-one
- We sadly have had to suspend our social enterprises, Oakdale Sewing and Oakdale Pack and Mail.
While we acknowledge the hardships, we also want to shine a light on the positives. On the community spirit of looking out for each other. I am eternally grateful to our support professionals and every other essential services worker; you play critical roles in the lives of all Australians.
Then there is the innovating going on all around us. Here at Possability we are trailing new and exciting ways to stay connected with our communities. Watch this space.
So happy Easter, enjoy getting back to the basics in your backyard or using today’s technology to catch up with loved one.
I hope you are keeping well and please do get in touch if you have any questions. We again thank you for your patience and support while we navigate this new world.
Find important information from our CEO in out latest news.
We have set up COVID-19 task forces within our Executive and each of our state-based operations teams that meet daily.
We want you to know that we will continue to be here for you—although we have had to make some changes.