Disability Support Professionals - Accommodation & Group Homes
Possability is an Australian non-profit organisation, providing a range of quality individual and flexible support options, supported accommodation, employment and training, respite and intensive support for people with disability and children and young people with a history of adversity. Possability is the trading name for all disability services and child and youth services that we deliver in Queensland, Tasmania, and Victoria.
We are currently seeking casual Accommodation and Group Home employees to work at sites on the North West Coast between Latrobe and Wynyard. The ideal applicants will be flexible, be able to think on their feet, follow specific support plans and be willing to work in a 1 to 1 support environment. All necessary client specific training will be provided. In return, we offer a challenging but rewarding opportunity to support people to maintain their independence and build additional skills.
This is not a clock-in, clock-out job. We want you to bring your whole person to work – your compassion and resilience, and also your sense of humour and creativity.
- Current unrestricted driver’s licence.
- Provision of a satisfactory National Police Check.
- Provision of Working With Vulnerable People registration.
- Provision of a satisfactory pre–employment medical report.
Desirable Qualifications & Experience:
- An appropriate qualification, which is recognised by Possability and is relevant to
the work required to be performed.
- Previous experience in a relevant industry, service or an equivalent level of
expertise and experience to undertake the range of activities required.
- Current Medication Endorsement or ability to attain.
- Current First Aid or ability to attain.
Please submit your application by 9 am 19th January 2021, applications are only accepted via the Possability website.
Please note that to complete the application form you will need to upload your resume and a cover letter explaining why you are interested in this job and your skills and experience.
For more information email us at email@example.com or call 1300 067 067.
Our organisation is committed to protecting children and young people from harm. We require all applicants to undergo an extensive screening process prior to appointment.