Possability is an Australian non-profit organisation, providing quality individual and flexible support options to people with disability, children and young people with a history of adversity.
We have a vision for a world where everyone has the opportunity to reach their potential. We believe that freedom and independence are fundamental human rights. We are committed to providing a quality service designed to be responsive and flexible to individual needs to enable people to achieve their personal goals.
Who we are looking for:
You will lead and develop a team of support workers to successfully deliver the service objective, which is to enhance independence, abilities, community participation and quality of life.
In this role you will:
- Develop, plan and supervise the implementation of educational and/or developmental programs for clients, encouraging a work practice based on ‘active support’, in accordance with agreed goals.
- Liaise with external service providers such as medical practitioners, activity centres, community and government service representatives.
- Manage all day to day employee related activities including but not limited to; recruitment and selections, performance appraisals, performance management, counselling and disciplinary actions.
Essential skills required
- Advanced Diploma / Diploma of Disability or experience deemed to be equivalent.
- Experience in a supervisory role within a disability related service.
This is not a clock-in, clock-out job. We want you to bring your whole person to work – your compassion and resilience, and also your sense of humour and creativity.
Before you consider submitting an application take a moment to review our values and the PD – Service Supervisor
For more information email us at email@example.com or call 1300 067 067.
Applications must be submitted via our website by 9 am 30th of September, 2020.
Our organisation is committed to protecting children and young people from harm. We require all applicants to undergo an extensive screening process prior to appointment.