Senior Accommodation & Respite Supervisor
Possability is an Australian non-profit organisation, providing a range of quality individual and flexible support options, supported accommodation, employment and training, respite and intensive support for people with disability and children and young people with a history of adversity.
Possability has a vision for a world where everyone has the opportunity to pursue their potential. We are catalysts for change in the broader community and in the lives of the people we serve. We believe that freedom and independence are fundamental human rights. We believe that freedom and independence are fundamental human rights. We are committed to providing a quality service designed to be responsive and flexible to individual needs to enable people to achieve their personal goals.
Who we are looking for:
We are looking for someone to lead, plan, co-ordinate, implement, administer, supervise and develop a team of Support Professionals to successfully deliver the service objective, which is to create a model of home and respite that is congruent with the demographics and profile of the individual being supported. This would require the development and enhancement of the individual’s independence, abilities, community participation and/or quality of life in support of the participant’s individual goals and aspirations. This position will provide essential skills, knowledge and support and consultation to a team of Support Professionals providing high and complex support and care needs to participants who seek accommodation and respite services.
In this role you will:
- Develop, plan, enact and supervise the development of a home and respite services that suit the culturally valued expectations for the participant’s demographic characteristics.
- Set priorities and monitor work flow in the areas of responsibility, ensuring employees are performing the requirements of their role appropriately and in accordance with their job description, organisational policies and guidelines.
- Support employees in the development and implementation of behaviour management plans, taking into
account legal and ethical responsibilities.
Essential skills required:
- Certificate 4 in Individual Support or an area of study related to the Disability sector.
- 3 years’ experience within a supervisory role within a disability or accommodation service.
This is not a clock-in, clock-out job. We want you to bring your whole person to work – your compassion and resilience, and also your sense of humour and creativity.
Before you consider submitting an application take a moment to review our values and the Position Description
For more information email us at email@example.com or call 1300 067 067.
Applications must be submitted via our website by 9 am 25th January, 2021.
Our organisation is committed to protecting children and young people from harm. We require all applicants to undergo an extensive screening process prior to appointment.