Senior Accommodation & Respite Supervisor
Possability is an Australian non-profit organisation, providing quality individual and flexible support options to people with disability, children and young people with a history of adversity.
We have a vision for a world where everyone has the opportunity to reach their potential. We believe that freedom and independence are fundamental human rights. We are committed to providing a quality service designed to be responsive and flexible to individual needs to enable people to achieve their personal goals.
Who we are looking for:
Someone who can lead, plan, co-ordinate, implement, administer, supervise and develop a team of Support Professionals to successfully deliver the service objective, which is to create a model of home and respite that is congruent with the demographics and profile of the individual being supported. You will have the ability to provide essential skills, knowledge and support and consultation to a team of Support Professionals providing high and complex support and care needs to participants who seek accommodation and respite services.
In this role you will:
- Support employees in the development and implementation of behavior management plans, taking into account legal and ethical responsibilities.
- Ensure all Health Audits, Participant Profiles, Participants, Information Sheets, Health Care Plans and Personal Plans are current and that support professionals are trained in the specifics of each individual’s plan.
- Liaise with external service providers such as medical practitioners, activity centers, and community and government service representatives.
- Ensure that the service provided is in keeping with the Disability Service Standards and Possability’s policies, processes and procedures.
- Set priorities and monitor work flow in the areas of responsibility, ensuring employees are performing the requirements of their role appropriately and in accordance with their job description, organisational policies and guidelines.
- Manage performance variation. Provide consistent and sustainable performance reviews to achieve minimum performance standards.
- Liaise with rostering coordinators and people and culture.
- Assist with the preparation of program budgets in liaison with management, and be responsible for the program operating to budget.
Essential skills required:
- Diploma of Community Services or an area of study related to the Disability sector, and/or relevant experience deemed to be equivalent.
- 5+ years’ experience working in the disability sector, with at least 3 years’ experience within a supervisory role within a disability or accommodation service.
This is not a clock-in, clock-out job. We want you to bring your whole person to work – your compassion and resilience, and also your sense of humour and creativity.
Before you consider submitting an application take a moment to review of our values and the PD – Senior Accommodation and Respite Supervisor North West
For more information email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1300 067 067.
Applications must be submitted via our website by 9am 7th August, 2020.
Our organisation is committed to protecting children and young people from harm. We require all applicants to undergo an extensive screening process prior to appointment.