Possability is an Australian not-for-profit organisation, providing quality individual and flexible support options to people with disability, children and young people with a history of adversity.
We have a vision for a world where everyone has the opportunity to reach their potential. We believe that freedom and independence are fundamental human rights. We are committed to providing a quality service designed to be responsive and flexible to individual needs to enable people to achieve their personal goals.
About The Role:
This role independently delivers or supervises casual workforce that supports people with disabilities, across their lifecycle and in all domains of life, to enable access to a quality life with dignity, respect, and social inclusion, in the least restrictive environment.
- Manage a team
- Participate in internal or community information sessions or consultative processes that relate to client and service issues.
- Develop and maintain team morale and effectiveness and provide day-to-day mentoring and share practice knowledge.
- Identify learning and career development opportunities.
- Determine matters on a day-to-day basis, handling commonly occurring situations or cases within an area of practice, and reporting regularly to a manager who has overall accountability for the area or program.
Recognised experience and knowledge in the field of disability and the ability to apply policies and processes to meet the challenges of known or evolving disability support situations would be expected.
To be considered for this position, you will demonstrate the following attributes;
- Advanced Diploma Disability Work, or Bachelor of Applied Science (Disability), or registered or eligibility to be registered as a Mental Retardation Nurse or other qualification recognised within Possability guidelines as being equivalent and a copy must be provided with your application.
- A current Employee Working with Children Check (WWCC) card is required and will need to be provided prior to commencement of employment by the applicant. The currency will need to be maintained by the employee for the period of employment.
- A full driver’s licence.
This position is a Full-Time 12-month contract, located at our Sunshine office.
This is not a clock-in, clock-out job. We want you to bring your whole person to work – your compassion and resilience, and also your sense of humour and creativity.
Possability is a leading non-profit organisation, providing a wide range of services to people with disability and children and youth facing adversity.
We are a values-based organisation and all our employees are expected to adhere to, support and promote our values at all times. A commitment to Safeguarding Children and Young People Standards is required.
Please note that to complete the application form you will need to upload your resume and a cover letter explaining why you are interested in this job and your skills and experience.
Please submit your application by 5pm 15 October 2020.
For more information email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1300 067 067.