Senior Accountant- Victoria
Possability is an Australian not-for-profit organisation, providing quality individual and flexible support options to people with disability, children and young people with a history of adversity.
We have a vision for a world where everyone has the opportunity to reach their potential. We believe that freedom and independence are fundamental human rights. We are committed to providing a quality service designed to be responsive and flexible to individual needs to enable people to achieve their personal goals.
About The Role:
Reporting directly to the Finance Manager, you will display excellent data analysis skills, have an eye for detail and a desire to lead change through process innovation. You will be a team player, who adopts a consultative and dynamic approach to your everyday work life.
In this role you will:
- Provide accurate and timely completion of the monthly, quarterly and annual management reporting requirements of the organisation, including but not limited to:
- Transaction processing
- Account reconciliations, review and follow-up
- Month end processing and analysis
- Internal reporting
- Budget analysis.
- Conduct capital expenditure and fixed asset reporting and reviews.
- Complete banking approvals and relationship management.
- Assistance with the annual audit process.
- Monitor and interpret legislation, regulations and other agreements relating to the internal finance function.
- Utilise knowledge of procedures, guidelines and statutory requirements relevant to the organisation and community sector to provide support to the Corporate Services team managers in the preparation of financial and staff metrics reports.
- Exercise a high level of interpersonal skills in dealing with internal and external stakeholders.
Essential skills required:
- Tertiary qualification in Commerce, Finance or other related discipline.
- Completed or working towards completion of CA or CPA qualification.
- 3+ years prior accounting experience in a large service based environment.
This is not a clock-in, clock-out job. We want you to bring your whole person to work – your compassion and resilience, and also your sense of humour and creativity.
Possability is a leading non-profit organisation, providing a wide range of services to people with disability and children and youth facing adversity.
We are a values-based organisation and all our employees are expected to adhere to, support, and promote our values at all times. A commitment to Safeguarding Children and Young People Standards is required.
Please note that to complete the application form you will need to upload your resume and a cover letter explaining why you are interested in this job and your skills and experience.
Please submit your application by COB 8th December 2020.
For more information email us at email@example.com or call 1300 067 067.