Possability is an Australian non-profit organisation, providing a range of quality individual and flexible support options, supported accommodation, employment and training, respite and intensive support for people with disability and children and young people with a history of adversity.
Possability has a vision for a world where everyone has the opportunity to pursue their potential. We are catalysts for change in the broader community and in the lives of the people we serve. We believe that freedom and independence are fundamental human rights. We are committed to providing a quality service designed to be responsive and flexible to individual needs to enable people to achieve their personal goals.
Who we are looking for:
We are accepting applications for a position in the North West of Tasmania, and expressions of interest for the North and South as we expand.
This is a full time role, however a degree of flexibility is required in regards to working hours.
You will provide skills and employment training and support that addresses individual needs, and enhances independence, abilities, community participation and the gaining and maintaining of employment supports.
In this role you will:
- Provide direct hands on training and support to individuals within the Skills Development or Supported Employment program, either individually or as part of a team.
- Ensure training and support is delivered as prescribed by the training documentation.
- Record training data and provide feedback to supervisory staff on the progress of the participant against agreed upon job and task requirements relevant to the described tasks.
- Within authorised parameters, provide feedback to host business, employer representatives and significant others including family on the participant’s progress against documented goals.
Essential skills required:
- An appropriate qualification, which is recognised by OAK Possability and is relevant to the work required to be performed.
- Previous experience in a relevant industry, service or an equivalent level of expertise and experience to undertake the range of activities required.
This is not a clock-in, clock-out job. We want you to bring your whole person to work – your compassion and resilience, and also your sense of humour and creativity.
Before you consider submitting an application take a moment to review our values and the PD – Job Trainer
For more information email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1300 067 067.
Applications must be submitted via our website by 9 am 4th December, 2020.
Our organisation is committed to protecting children and young people from harm. We require all applicants to undergo an extensive screening process prior to appointment.