Possability is an Australian non-profit organisation, providing a range of quality individual and flexible support options, supported accommodation, employment and training, respite and intensive support for people with disability and children and young people with a history of adversity.
We have a vision for a world where everyone has the opportunity to reach their potential. We believe that freedom and independence are fundamental human rights. We are committed to providing a quality service designed to be responsive and flexible to individual needs to enable people to achieve their personal goals.
Who we are looking for:
Reporting directly to the Community Engagement and Skills Development Supervisor, you will have excellent written and verbal communication skills and an ability to build stakeholder relationships. You will be a team player, you are objective and results-driven with a dynamic and proactive approach.
In this role you will:
- Encourage and support potential participants and their support networks to consider community based employment as a natural and expected pathway at any stage of a post school life.
- Support the development, and plan and supervise the implementation, of a vocational pathway for participants leading to community based employment, using a ‘Place and Train’ and ‘Customised employment’ model of practice in accordance with agreed goals.
- Support participants and their support network to become active participants in the securing and maintenance of community based employment through the use of support documentation that embraces natural and informal supports in identifying vocational interests, support needs and strategies to promote employability skill acquisition and maintenance.
- Support Senior Managers in establishing priorities and monitor workflow on individual job sites in a manner that maximises individual participant’s outcomes, ensuring Job Trainers are performing the requirements of the agreed support and training strategies.
- Supervise the performance variation of participants against documented standards of quality, output and employability requirements of individual job sites.
Essential skills required
- An appropriate Certificate level qualification, which is recognised by Possability and is relevant to the work required to be performed, or experience deemed to be equivalent
- Previous experience in providing community based employment or employment preparation, with an emphasis on ‘place and train’ models of support.
- Demonstrated experience in supervising a team on a day to day basis to achieve a required outcome.
This is not a clock-in, clock-out job. We want you to bring your whole person to work – your compassion and resilience, and also your sense of humour and creativity.
Before you consider submitting an application take a moment to review our values and the PD – Career Coach
For more information email us at email@example.com or call 1300 067 067.
Applications must be submitted via our website by 9 am 30th of September, 2020.
Our organisation is committed to protecting children and young people from harm. We require all applicants to undergo an extensive screening process prior to appointment.