Possability has been a leader in disability services in Tasmania for more than 25 years.
In more recent years we have expanded our services to include Out of Home Care for children at risk and support for people with acquired brain injuries. We are dedicated to help individuals develop to their full potential and live a satisfying life.
Choice and control
The National Disability Insurance Scheme is all about choice and control. We individually tailor support to meet your needs and together set a pathway to reach your goals.
Our support is based on demonstrated best practice that is proven to achieve positive outcomes for people with physical and intellectual impairment. Our Practice Framework for Disability Services is based on:
- Person-Centred Approaches
- Inclusive Practices
- Active Support
- Positive Behaviour Support Approaches.
For more information see our Practice Framework booklet.
When joining Possability, you will meet with our Service Planners to talk about specific needs, interests, strengths and goals. From this, a Support Plan is developed that lets staff know what is important to you and how you want your supports to be delivered.
Communication is key
When beginning services, Possability will introduce you to a Team Leader who will be your main point of contact with us. In addition to this key contact person, we actively seek dialogue with clients and family through:
- Resident meetings – held at each supported accommodation site, bi-monthly, by the Client Engagement team
- Consumer forums – held 3-4 times a year by an independent advocate. Forums are open to all clients.
- Family forums – an opportunity for family members to meet key staff and network with other families. Held twice a year in each region (North, North-West and South)
- Plan reviews – an annual meeting with a Service Planner to assess progress and identify new areas of development
- The Road to Success program: a self-advocacy program designed to increase confidence and self-determination of clients, run in partnership with Speak Out Advocacy.