Possability (formerly known as Optia) has been a leader in disability services in Tasmania for more than 25 years. We are dedicated to supporting you or your family member to develop to their full potential and live a good life.
Choice and control
The National Disability Insurance Scheme is all about choice and control. We individually tailor support to meet your needs and together set a pathway to reach your goals.
Our support is based on demonstrated best practice that is proven to achieve positive outcomes for people with physical and intellectual impairment. Our Practice Framework for Disability Services is based on:
- Person-Centred Approaches
- Inclusive Practices
- Active Support
- Positive Behaviour Support Approaches.
For more information see our Practice Framework booklet.
When joining Possability, you will meet with our Practice Development Consultants to talk about specific needs, interests, strengths and goals. From this, a Support Plan is developed that lets staff know what is important to you and how you want your supports to be delivered.
Communication is key
When commencing services, Possability will introduce you to a Team Leader or Coordinator who will be your main point of contact with us. In addition to this key contact person, we actively seek dialogue with clients and family through:
- Resident meetings – held at each supported accommodation site, bi-monthly, by Practice Development Consultants
- Consumer forums – held 4-5 times a year by an independent advocate. Forums are open to all clients.
- Family forums – an opportunity for family members to meet key staff and network with other families. Held twice a year in each region (North, North-West and South)
- Plan reviews – an annual meeting with a Practice Development Consultant to assess progress and identify new areas of development
- The Road to Success program: a self-advocacy program designed to increase confidence and self-determination of clients, run in partnership with Speak Out Advocacy.
Quality Assurance and Safeguarding Children
Possability has a quality assurance program in place to ensure our systems, policies and processes meet industry standards. We have been independently audited and are accredited under the Attendant Care Industry Standard 2013.
We take seriously our responsibility to deliver a support environment that is caring, nurturing and safe. We are currently working towards accreditation in the Safeguarding Children Program with the Australian Childhood Foundation.